Re: How do people usually solve this?

From: Thomas Dwyer III <tomiii_at_mtu.edu>
Date: 7 Jan 1994 10:17:19 -0500

Bob Truman (truman_at_provost-admin.uwaterloo.ca) wrote:
>The following discussion/question is very interesting. Has anyone considered
>and/or solved a similar issue -- date stamping in tables... For example,

I use an "updated_on" column in my tables with a default value of sysdate. While I was at it I added "update_by" columns with default values of user. These columns are intended more for auditing purposes than anything else but I suppose they would be useful for determining which row to use for a given time period. I know people can insert values other than the defaults but BEFORE ROW triggers will fix that.

Cheers,
Tom.III
tomiii_at_mtu.edu Received on Fri Jan 07 1994 - 16:17:19 CET

Original text of this message