Re: ODBC & Oracle

From: Kurt Hoyt <kwh_at_stiatl.uucp>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 21:59:03 GMT

maxs_at_kaija.spb.su (Nick Maximov) writes:
>Is there ODBC SDK available to use on Unix systems? How to get

We have yet to find a database vendor that has any interest at all in providing an ODBC library for Unix. When we asked, they ALL thought we were crazy. One of them even said, "Why would anyone want to do that [write ODBC programs on Unix]?"

To the database vendors, one would use Unix only as a database server and NEVER as a database client (at least, not a database client using ODBC).

If you find one, let us know.

--
Kurt in Atlanta      |