Re: Why, oh why must it be this way?

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 1994 00:21:56 GMT

In a previous article, todd_at_storm01.aadt.com (Todd Richmond) says:

>Why is it that Oracle views every minor version release as an opportunity
>to redo the structure of their libraries?

   To provide job security for DBAs & Developers???

   We got so fed up that we now keep the list of libraries in a central file and pass them in to make via a shell environment variable. We just got tired of going into EVERY SINGLE MAKEFILE four or five times a year.

--
   - Doug Harris
     Database Administrator,