Re: Q on V7 migration

From: B C Zygmunt <bzy_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 13:13:10 GMT

In article 337_at_earlham.edu, ontkora_at_earlham.edu () writes:
> Hi,
> I am trying to import tables from the system tablespace of a v6
> database to another tablespace in a v7 database. The export file was created
> by a DBA and so it must be imported by a DBA. How can I keep these tables from
> being created in the system tablespace of the v7 database. I don't have the
> create scripts, and I would like to avoid having to re-export and import to
> solve the problem. Correspondence is appreciated.

There's a switch you can use on import (indexfile=FILENAME) that causes the definitions of the tables to be written to FILENAME (and no tables to be imported). You can then edit FILENAME to point to the new tablespace, run this SQL code to create the tables where you want them, and do the import. You could modify the storage parameters (and anything else) as well.

Beverly Zygmunt
Oak Ridge National Lab Received on Wed Jan 05 1994 - 14:13:10 CET

Original text of this message