ODBC & Oracle

From: Nick Maximov <maxs_at_kaija.spb.su>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 18:11:41 GMT

Hello,

Which Oracle's product should be used on server to establish connection from client that uses OBDC interface?
Is there ODBC SDK available to use on Unix systems? How to get ODBC specification to design own applications in case unavailability SDK for Unix?
I guess there is a lot of standards to provide multiple database connections but I don't know which.
In particular my problem is:

			    Client without local <---- wants to retreive
				  database               data from both
	 Oracle RDBMS                        SYBASE on VMS          |
	  on UNIX                                                   |

							       TCP/IP

Thanks in advance.

Nick Maximov

PC Centre "Techno" Representative
Internet: maxs_at_adnserv.kaija.spb.su Received on Wed Jan 05 1994 - 19:11:41 CET

Original text of this message