Re: SQL*PLUS interrupt question

From: Andrew May CMIS <amay_at_colesmyer.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 94 22:29:09 GMT

In article <CJ42wI.1wF_at_ncrcae.columbiasc.ncr.com>, Sanjeev.Agrawal <sanju_at_churchill.ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM> wrote:

>I am running an sqlplus script from command line in silence mode.
>If user interrupts the operatin the control remains in sqlplus
>and it does not come back to operating system.

Try adding the following statement at the start of your script:

   Whenever sqlerror exit failure rollback;

This will:

  • Exit to the Operating System.
  • Return a failure status to the Operating System.
  • Rollback any uncommitted transactions in your sql session.

Note: even though you say "exit failure", changes will be committed.

      you need the optional keyword "rollback" to ensure your changes are
      rolled back.

Reference:  V6 SQL*Plus User Guide & REference P 6-77.
            V7 ?

Hope it helps,
Andrew.

N. Andrew May.                        | Database Administrator
Coles-Myer Ltd                        | President VOUG
53 Hoddle Street, Collingwood,        | Tel: +61 3 483 7389.  Fax: 483 7381
Melbourne, Australia 3066.            | E-mail: amay_at_colesmyer.com.au
--