Oracle 7 Shutdown Procedures

From: Gary Eckhardt <eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil>
Date: 29 Dec 1993 14:38:39 GMT

Does anyone have any reasonable Oracle 6/7 shutdown procedures? I know that shutting down is simply using SQLDBA or dbshut, but I'm looking for procedures that I can use in an automated shutdown, first looking at the database and seeing if there's anyone logged in, giving them a couple warnings, and then as a last resort clotheslining the processes to get the database to come down gracefully. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

                             Thanks!

                              --Gary

Gary B. Eckhardt                |  Software Development  |  This space for
Computer Sciences Corporation   |  MISTS HSC Support     |  rent or lease.
eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil    |  (210) 536-2826        |  (Cheap!)

   It's called "GOLF" because all the other four-letter words were taken. Received on Wed Dec 29 1993 - 15:38:39 CET

Original text of this message