Re: how to drop a tablespace

From: Doug Thomson <thomson_at_toucan.fs.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 22:27:09 GMT

Don Erickson (derickso_at_garden.csc.calpoly.edu) wrote:

: I need to drop several tablespaces that are no longer used.
: The command "drop tablespace ts3 including contents" fails with
: a warning about the presence of foreign keys.

: There are several hundred users and over 2000 tables involved.
: All data has been removed. Now I need to clean up the data
: dictionary.

: I get the same warning regardless of tablespace online/offline,
: and connected as sys, system, or myself.

: Any help, ideas, or suggestions greatfully accepted.

: Don E.

I have never used enforced referential integrity but it seems as if you have some table(s) in another tablespace that is trying to point into your "unused" tablespaces to find a foreign key reference. If this is the case you can certainly disable or remove the FK reference and then the TS could (theoretically!) be dropped.

Doug

Doug Thomson                Fourth Shift / JIT
thomson_at_fs.com              7900 International Drive
(612) 851-1471              Minneapolis, MN  55425 USA