Re: libsna.a on AIX. what? where?

From: Magnus Lonnroth <mloennro_at_se.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1993 08:50:03 GMT

  Daniel> Hi there,

  Daniel> I am working with AIX 3.2.

  Daniel> I'm curious about a file named libsna.a.

  Daniel> I pulled an executable file off of an Oracle Financials tape   Daniel> which depends on libsna.a and tried to run it:

  Daniel> eve:root# iap Could not load program iap Could not load
  Daniel> library libsna.a[shr.o] Error was: No such file or directory
  Daniel> eve:root#

  Daniel> In fact, all the executable files on the tape issue the   Daniel> above error message.

Looks like all your executables are linked with SQL*Net APPC drivers, which in turn depend on SNA services. Oracle executables are usually shipped with the following drivers pre-linked (on unix): TCP/IP, Pipe 2-task (version 6 & 7), and Fast 2-task (version 6 only). You can fix your executables by relinking everything (without SQL*Net APPC).

  Daniel> Since "sna" is an ibm acronym, I'm tempted to think I should   Daniel> get libsna.a from ibm rather than Oracle.

That's correct. libsna contains routines for APPC communication and is sold by IBM.

  Daniel> I looked around on my aix box for libsna.a and found   Daniel> nothing:

  Daniel> eve:root# find / -name 'libsna*' -print eve:root#

  Daniel> Should it reside in /usr/lib once I get a copy of it?

  Daniel> Please send clues.

  Daniel> Thanks,

  Daniel> Independent Oracle Consultant dbikle_at_alumni.caltech.edu
  Daniel> 415/854-9542 P.O. BOX 'D' MENLO PARK CA 94026
--

Magnus Lonnroth
Tech.Sales & Consultant