Re: Accessing Oracle database from cobol

From: Mike Kenny <mikek_at_shared.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 93 16:31:06 GMT

(been a while :-)
We don't use Oracle, but we are using Sybase on AIX and I presume Oracle provide the same sort of facilities. i.e. a development archive Then it is simply
cob -xL<sybase_path> -lsybdb cobol_stuff and then just use the dox provided for C

This is assuming the Oracle is packaged similar to Sybase. But you knew all this anyway, didn't you ? So there must be something else, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know how you get on.

--
        Mike Kenny                             Shared Financial Systems
        Phone: 214-458-3989                    Dallas, Tx

------>>> everybody is entitled to their own opinions <<<------
------>>> these are mine and not those of my employer <<<------