oraterm with Openwindows

From: Glyn Simpson <simps1_at_ntrust.org.uk>
Date: 20 Dec 1993 13:09:18 GMT

I'm trying to sort out defining my own keys using oraterm for an application running under Openwindows. I need to map around 30 functions, using the function keys (sun type 5 keyboard) and Combinations of CTRL, SHIFT and ALT of them.

The bit in oraterm was relatively straightforward, but i am having problems with the Openwindows side - the function keyes either return nothing, or when I try to use xmodmap, return a string which oracle doesnt seem to recognise and thinks its input into the database.

Can anyone just point me in the correct direction ? or am I barking up the wrong tree - oh yes, its oracle version 6.0.37.3.1 with SunOS 4.1.3, open windows 3 etc.

email or reply to this newsgroup ok (email if you have a definite solution! as i read the group infrequently).

--
Glyn Simpson                   // Voice: +44 (0) 373 826826
Systems Support Engineer      //  Fax:   +44 (0) 373 827162