Upgrade Question - 7.0.12.2 to 7.0.15.4

From: <corcodilos_at_sis.bms.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 19:35:57 GMT

I am currently in the midst of upgrading a 7.0.12.2 database to 7.0.15.4. This server is a SPARC-10 running SUN-OS 4.1.3.

I've created a new $ORACLE_HOME and loaded the software and will soon shutdown the database and restart it with the 7.0.15.4 code.

After reading $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/doc/README.doc, I'm a little confused. The section on upgrading from 7.0.12 to 7.015 instructs you to do the following:

  • shutdown NORMAL your database
  • install release 7.0.15
  • startup your database in RESTRICT and EXCLUSIVE mode using release 7.0.15
  • run cat713.sql at the operating system equivalent of DBLOW
  • run cat713pr.sql at the operating system equivalent of DBLOW
  • run cat714.sql at the operating system equivalent of DBLOW
  • run cat715.sql at the operating system equivalent of DBLOW
  • run catexp.sql at the operating system equivalent of DBLOW

What does "at the operating system equivalent of DBLOW" mean ?? I've never heard of this expression.

If you know what the above expression means or have any suggestions on this upgrade please reply via email to CORCODILOS_at_BMS.COM.

Thanks in advance.

Joanne Corcodilos

Database Administrator
Bristol-Myers Squibb
Princeton, NJ Received on Mon Dec 20 1993 - 20:35:57 CET

Original text of this message