Select statement and IN

From: Andrew Ryan <genanr_at_amiserv.xnet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 22:11:43 GMT

        I what order does Oracle lookup the variables in the following select statement:

SELECT * FROM tablename where colname IN ( var1, var2, var3, var4, etc..) and rownum=1

I would think it would do var1 first, then var2, etc. But from my observations from using just two vars it does the second one first. I was mainly wondering if it always goes form right to left, or if it does it in some other way. The application I'm using it for needs to have some vars override others if they exist. Thanks. Andy Received on Mon Dec 20 1993 - 23:11:43 CET

Original text of this message