SQLNET v1.1 and Lan WorkPlace for DOS v4.1

From: James A. Stoddard <jstodd_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1993 20:29:58 GMT

I am trying to configure a PC running LWP4.1 and Oracle SQL*NET TCP/IPv1.1 to connect to a database on an RS6000 running AIXv3.2 and Oracle6. From the PC, all LWP apps (tnvt220, ftp, pine, etc) run fine. Oracle SQLTCP loads ok, but when I try to start SQLDBA, I get DBA 00314:unable to attach to default host. I think the SQLTCP is having problems with the LWP TCPIP.EXE. Does anyone know if this setup CAN work ? The Oracle documentation only refers to LWP4.0, and mentions using the CONVERT utility. I can find no such utility with LWP4.1.

jas

--
james stoddard                                  jstodd_at_netcom.com

"I have come up with a sure-fire concept for a hit television show, which would be called `A Live Celebrity Gets Eaten by a Shark'." -- Dave Barry, "The Wonders of Sharks on TV"