Parallel Server on AIX ?

From: Daniel B. Bikle <dbikle_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 15 Dec 1993 08:59:35 GMT

Hi there,

We just obtained a pair of aix machines.

We put them in a clustered arrangement so they share disk drives.

We plan to install Oracle "Parallel Server".

This product allows an instance on each aix machine to access the shared disk drives.

Oracle sent us a set of 7.0.13 tapes and a set of 7.0.15 tapes.

Without much thought I put the 7.0.13 tapes on the shelf and read in the 7.0.15 tapes.

I found a README which says Parallel Server is not supported under 7.0.15.

So I'm tempted to install the 7.0.13 version.

I'm curious, is 7.0.13 the version with the special side-mounted exploding gas tanks which got recalled?

Question 2:
Have any of you installed Parallel Server on aix?

-Dan

Daniel B. Bikle
Independent Oracle Consultant
dbikle_at_alumni.caltech.edu