Report*Writer Functionality

From: Robert J. McCallister <rjmac_at_crl.com>
Date: 11 Dec 1993 08:29:27 -0800

I posted this same article earlier this week and received some good suggestions, but unfortunately undoable considering the constraints we are under in supplying the application to our clients. MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT RESPONDED. The rules of engagement that I have to follow are:

  1. Cannot use any outside graphics package.
  2. Must be able to implement inside Oracle Report*Writer V1.1.

Now the 64,000 dollar question!

I am trying to find a way to draw vertical & horizontal lines with corners, i.e. 'a box' in Oracle Report Writer V1.1. I know how to do an underline and "fake" a horizontal line but is there a way to draw a box.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

PROMISE: IF I FIND A WAY TO DO THIS I WILL WRITE UP A DETAILED TECHNICAL PAPER AND E-MAIL TO ANYONE WHO WANTS IT, THIS PROMISE ALSO APPLIES IF I FIND THE SOLUTION ANYWHERE. MUCH-MANY-MUCHO Thanks in Advance

| Robert J. McCallister | |
| rjmac_at_crl.com | SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT |
| RJM Software Engineering | |
| | TILDE: That little squiggly line |