FORMS 3.0 : Truncated Error Message

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 23:25:11 GMT

In Forms 3.0 you can press a "Display Error" key that gives a detailed listing of the actual statement that failed, after an error.

This is great, but the incredibly irritating thing is, for longish statements,
the listing is cut off at the bottom of the display window, before you get to the useful part at the bottom that tells you what the problem is (e.g. "Duplicate key in index" or value too long for column etc). I just can't find out how to scroll this display down.

I'd be very grateful for any enlightment - this has been bugging me for awhile. Sometime ago I asked Oracle support, but incredibly they could not tell me how to do it. I figured out what the problem was without looking at the display - but today another bug, and an infuriating truncated error message. Aaaaargh.

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious - and would be grateful to anybody that could put me out of my misery.

(Oracle 6 Forms 3.0, Running on a Sun, character based applications.) Received on Fri Dec 10 1993 - 00:25:11 CET

Original text of this message