Re: Open letter to software developpers.

From: Michael P. Stein <mstein_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 8 Dec 1993 11:54:00 -0500

    Another reason you often see problems such as not catering to the possibility of a default date format other than DD-MON-YY is that there is a lot of legacy code left over from olden days (say, V5) when I think there was no such thing as NLS_DATE_FORMAT. People rarely think to go back and update such code when new possibilities arise - and I don't think this tendency is limited to the US! :)

--
Mike Stein			The above represents the Absolute Truth.
POB 10420			Therefore it cannot possibly be the official