Re: Help needed with deleted data file (fwd)

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 20:52:55 GMT

Mike & Amir,

SQLDBA> shutdown force               # force database down NOW in case it is up
SQLDBA> startup nomount              # ignore files besides control file
SQLDBA> connect internal             # connect to kernel
SQLDBA> alter database datafile '/data/file/name' offline;
.                                    # force filename to be offline
SQLDBA> alter database mount;        # mount the other files
SQLDBA> alter database open;         # make sure DB comes up, recovers 'force'
SQLDBA> shutdown                     # shutdown normal to snapshot logfiles
SQLDBA> startup                      # startup normal

the above is untested, but similar to things I've had to do when I lost a rollback segment tablespace once.

--
Andrew Finkenstadt  |  Systems Analyst, Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
+1 904-575-0189     |  GEnie Sysop             ,,,