Re: ORACLE7/VMS patch, who's fault?

From: MAX M. MAGLIARO <mmm_at_icf.hrb.com>
Date: 6 Dec 93 18:00:04 EST

From mmm_at_icf.hrb.com (Max Magliaro):

From: pihlab_at_cbr.hhcb.gov.au (Bruce Pihlamae):

> Gee. They make it sound like a bug in Oracle don't they. Well, I guess
> if that darn Oracle software didn't page at all it would work just fine
> on our new Digital/Alpha hardware & software. I sure hope they don't use
> any application software that pages too much at any hospitals that run this
> "VMS page manager" otherwise it could void the warranty of a few patients
> BUT that's the application's fault isn't it 8^}.
>
> --
> Bruce... pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

------>

    From Max Magliaro:

    Bruce,

       DEC really didn't try to make it sound like an ORACLE bug.  If I
       gave that impression, then I must correct myself here.  DEC
       simply stated they had a paging bug that showed up alot on ORACLE
       applications because they tended to page a lot.  They in no way
       attempted to *Blame* ORACLE or skirt their responsibility.

       --- Max