Oracle-MD (multi-dimensional) information request

From: Jonathon Tidswell <jont_at_hsa.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 04:04:57 GMT

[ This is a separate post to comp.databases.oracle, I omitted it accidentally
from my original posting. ]

I am looking for comments on the availability, reliability and effectiveness of the Oracle-MD (multidimensional support) product/package. Particularly in its support for large volumes of point data.

I have heard rumours of the form "its nice" and I have a 12 month old report basically saying "its not up to scratch, and I dont know when it will be".

Any comments from Oracle itself or people with more current information would be greatly appreciated.

Theoretical comments on its design and potential or existing alternatives would also be appreciated.

  • JonT
    [ I will post a summary if sufficient interest is shown. ]
--
Jonathon Earnshaw Tidswell            | Telephone:  +61 2 957 3549
Hydrographic Sciences Australia P/L   | Facsimile:  +61 2 959 3594