Re: Sequent PTX Oracle7 stability

From: Brad Isley <bisley_at_sd.atl.ga.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 20:30:04 GMT

In article <CHM8C2.DJL_at_glendora.uucp>, John S. Snapp <jsnapp_at_frb.gov> wrote:

>I'm interested in this also. We're now in the process of
>setting up a new Sequent with Oracle. Installation has
>not been a joy, but I'd like to hear from those that have
>the product up and running.

Oracle Corp. is a conspiracy to hire Oracle dba's. Oracle dba's conspire to sell Oracle. So why should it be easy to install? :-)

>What have been your experiences with the product?

Great product requiring dba(s) on-site.

>Is it less/more stable than other releases of oracle or other database packages?
>
>How was the installation process?

Oracle installs are always painful.

Witness the install scripts we had with unmatched quotes.

--
Brad Isley - Lanier Worldwide +1 (404) 493-2484  emory!slammer!sd!bisley