None

From: Kermit Tensmeyer <p01124_at_psilink.com>
Date: 5 Dec 1993 04:36:14 GMT

Subject: Re: Error ORA-3113 ( need help ) In-Reply-To: "2 Dec 1993 21:10:44 GMT"

        <2dllkk$71u_at_news.utdallas.edu>

> yung-feng chang me stnt (yxc1612_at_hertz.njit.edu) wrote:

> > I just install a oracle database on INTEGRAPH 6000 running on UNIX
v7.1.3. I can use sqlplus to access the database,it work fine. But when I try to access it through sqlnet ( sqlplus login-name/passwd_at_t:hostname:oraid ), it give me ORA-3113 error message; This error message means that "an-end-of-file was processed on communication channel, but was not properly handled by SQL*Net software. This is an internal error message not normally issue".

> > Does anybody have some idea !? I will very appreciate that. THANKS
first

> > Sincerely

  I generated the same error, through RIS, by inadvertantly passing improperly formatted data (ie. the internal structure of a date). RIS  only said that Oracle couldn't handle the "request" and oracle gave the above error. Since you are using Intergraph's port of Oracle, this may be related. Check the content of the actual data that is being transmitted..

Kermit Tensmeyer Received on Sun Dec 05 1993 - 05:36:14 CET

Original text of this message