Re: MSAccess-OracleSQL*Net

From: <hpujol_at_dwp.la.ca.us>
Date: 3 Dec 93 15:57:30 GMT

> I am trying to use MS Access v1.1 with Oracle SQL*Net TCP/IP as client
> to a RS6000 as a server (orasrv)
>
> I keep getting the ODBC call failed.
>
> Anyone succeded doing this and have any suggestions.

I have connected MS Access 1.1 with Oracle on RS/6000 and OS/2 both running Oracle V6.

It would help to look at the error message after the ODBC Call Failed message.  Maybe somewhere in the error message is something like ORA-nnnn. This would indicate an Oracle error message which could help. Otherwise ODBC may not see the SQL*NET driver.

What SQL*NET driver are you using Windows or DOS (Windows recommended)? What is your LAN protocol (ie. PC-NFS or Chameleon...)? Is your orasrv process running on the RS/6000? Is your RS/6000 reachable via ping?

Check your connect string.

Try to log on first using Q+E V3.0a or higher.

Hope this helps.

Hector Pujol
Los Angeles Dept. of Water and Power
hpujol_at_dwp.la.ca.us Received on Fri Dec 03 1993 - 16:57:30 CET

Original text of this message