Re: GUI from MAC and Windows

From: Inter Drive <idrive_at_bfsec.bt.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 13:58:16 GMT

noel cronin (ncronin_at_unix1.tcd.ie) wrote:
: Hi all
: Does anybody have experience of using a GUI builder other than
: SQL*forms4 that can be run on MAC and windows and works with an
: Oracle back end. I assume that using Sql*forms 4 there is no
: problem porting the code from Windows to MAC.

: Noel Cronin (ncronin_at_advax1.tcd.ie)
: Trinity College Dublin
:

Why not try Omnis-7 from Blyth software. It's the only GUI interface that runs on both windows + MAC (at least it was a few months ago) - see review of GUI datbases in PC magazine ~ 6 months ago for performance comparisons (clue - it did not fare very well). Foxpro may now be available on MAC but wasn't a few months ago.

We have used it extensively here for the last year so email me if you want more info.

ps

        it's rather expensive

Declan Higgins,

                dhiggins_at_bfsec.bt.co.uk   Received on Thu Dec 02 1993 - 14:58:16 CET

Original text of this message