Good Documentation

From: John Harrison <harrison_at_cs.uq.oz.au>
Date: 2 Dec 93 21:55:12 GMT

Greetings Oracle Users!

Having given up on finding a good "aftermarket" text describing the use of the Oracle development tools (e.g. Forms 3.0, Menu 5.0, Reportwriter, etc.), I have decided to create my own. The only thing that would save me from performing this difficult task is if someone has already created a document for their in-house use that they would be willing to share. Alternatively, I would like to know if someone has encountered a good text. I have seen two texts, namely those written by Graham Seibert and Mike Krohn. Although they each possess some strengths, I have found them to contain less than comprehensive descriptions of the tools above. In addition, they each include a description of older versions of the tools, which my students do not work with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--John

  _-_|\	       Dr. John Harrison
 /     *  <--  Department of Computer Science 	Tel:   +61 7 365 1197
 \_.-._/       The University of Queensland 	Fax:   +61 7 365 1999
      v	       Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia 	Email: harrison_at_cs.uq.oz.au