Help Needed: SQL*Net, Oracle 6.34, Forest & Tree 1.x

From: Benjamin Lau <blau_at_rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 12:11:29

We have the following setups:

  1. RS/6000 with AIX running Oracle 6.34 as the server.
  2. PC clients running Windows, SQL*Net for Windows 1.1, Novell LANWorkplace 4.01 and the front-end is Forest & Tree 1.0.

    SQL*Net for Windows, LANWorkplace and Forest & Tree are installed on a     Novell 3.11 server. ie. All clients run the same programs from the same     place. But everyone is setup to read his/her own CONFIG.ORA from his/her     own home directory.

    Hardware: Compaq 4/33i with SMC card running Novell ODI drivers for TCP/IP.

The problem is that we're trying to use auto-login from Forest & Tree by putting the user name and password in CONFIG.ORA but we're kicked out everytime because of invalid username and password reported by the Oracle server.

Manually log-ins are OK. Anything that has to do with getting all components to read the correct CONFIG.ORA file is done. We can verify that is done through the file server console.

In WIN.INI, DOS environment etc, all the necessary variables are set.

Any help to solve, or any hint for us to proceed on further testing will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

blau_at_rogers.com :-) Received on Thu Dec 02 1993 - 12:11:29 CET

Original text of this message