Re: Backing Up Rollback Tablespaces

From: Dave Mausner <dlm_at_elcky>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 18:13:02 GMT

In article <CH9zoH.12H_at_butch.lmsc.lockheed.com> stroup_at_aspen.ops.lmsc.lockheed.com writes:

>O.K. Now you've got me worried!
>
>We are currently using Hot Backups as our primary method of backup. I've
>got a separate tablespace just for my rollback segments...Do I need to
>include this tablespace in my hotbacks? And what are my risks if I don't?
>
> judie

yes, because rb segment changes are written to the redo logs and the archive logs like any other transactions. if you want to recover the database you may have to present archives for the rb tablespaces to bring them back to the desired point-in-time. don't leave out any of your tablespaces during hotback.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Datalogics division of Frame Technology Inc