Re: backing up an indexes-only tablespace?

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 93 12:03:16 GMT

nolan_at_notes.tssi.com writes in article <CH86pC.F62_at_notes.tssi.com>:

> Here's a question I can't seem to find an answer for in the manuals.
>
> If I create a separate tablespace on a different physical drive just for
> indexes, and I'm doing backups of the physical files (from a shutdown
> database at night), do I need to backup the files for the indexes tablespace?

Yes. This applies to cold and hot backups.

ORACLE keeps track of the different tablespaces, and if (after a restore) one is missing or "out of sync" it will not start the database.

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet   2:2407/46    Mail Only System
                CIS: 100020,3517       USR Courier HST dual standard
                willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org
                ->   No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-