Transferring Users between databases - help wanted.

From: Dr Kevin J Woolley <kjw1_at_stirling.ac.uk>
Date: 30 Nov 1993 03:11:30 -0600

Hi.

We have two Oracle databases (v6) on our machine, one is being used for our current production systems, the other contains a set of systems we wish to move too.

All of our users are defined on the first, and essentially none on the second. My question is - is there any way of creating user accounts on the second *with the same passwords* so that the transfer can be as transparent to the users as possible. Would exporting/importing the DBA_USERS table work or screw everything up, or is there another way of doing this?

Any clues appreciated

Kevin Received on Tue Nov 30 1993 - 10:11:30 CET

Original text of this message