Re: Gupta vs. Powerbuilder or VB

From: Brian Porter <porter_at_vincere.muc.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 93 11:44:37 MET

umyin_at_ccu.umanitoba.ca (Qing Yin) writes:

> In article <2dekik$n2l_at_nova.umd.edu> cm325c34_at_nova.umd.edu (BIRZNIEKS--GUNTHE
> >Anyway, I am sure SQLWindows is worth a serious look by any developer... So
> >this isnt meant to talk down GUPTA>. Just stating a few reasons why we went
> >with our platform. By the way, Paradox For Windows 4.5 with the SQL Link is
> >actually quite nice too.. My only complaint is that Queries generate a local
>
> Paradox for Windows 4.5?????? We have Paradox 1.0 for Windows shipped a few
> months ago. No flame, I'm just curious about the current state of Paradox.
> Version 1.0 was kind of primitive, I'd like to see a new version, but 4.5 in
> a couple of months is hard for me to believe.
> --
>

> Vincent Q. Yin
> umyin_at_ccu.umanitoba.ca

I believe Borland release the second version of Paradox for windows as 4.5 to bring it up to the same version level as their DOS version...

 Brian Porter                                                Spitzer Str. 14
 porter_at_vincere.muc.de                                       80939 Muenchen
 (49) 89/311-7363                                            GERMANY