Looking for product to reverse engineer SQL, inp, rex files

From: Bill Pribyl <bill_at_sccsi.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1993 15:43:41 GMT

I am looking for a "reverse engineering" product that takes as input a unix directory name and searches all the Oracle application source code in that directory (SQL scripts, Forms .inp files, Reportwriter .rex files) for Oracle table and view references.

Ideally the tool would output a list of tables and applications that access each table, along with whether the access is read-only or read-write.

I don't think the task is trivial. It can't easily be done with grep or egrep. The product would need to have the ability to parse SQL and PL/SQL.

Please email replies to bill_at_datacraft.com, I will summarize and reply to the net.

Kind Regards,
Bill Pribyl

William L. Pribyl bill_at_datacraft.com Independent Oracle Consultant Chair, South Central USA Oracle Users Group; Tech Editor, IOUG _Select_ Received on Mon Nov 29 1993 - 16:43:41 CET

Original text of this message