Problem with key-others in Forms 3

From: Ian Dixon <idixon_at_syntaxis.infocom.co.uk>
Date: 25 Nov 93 07:23:20 GMT

I'm writing a multi-block form that needs different function keys defining in different blocks and fields of it.

At form level, a key-others trigger switches everything off. At the same level a small number of keys are defined since they need to be available in most of the form.

My problem started when I tried to define a further key-others trigger for a field in which I only wanted the user to use Exit or Commit. It just got ignored and I could use all the function keys that were available in the rest of the block.

I also had a key-others at block level. This also seems to be ignored.

From reading the manual, what I'm trying to do should work. I can think of work-rounds to get the form to function as I require but they all require more code than just using key-others.

Am I doing something wrong or does key-others just not work in the way that I'm expecting? It's Oracle 6.0.30 and Forms 3.0.16 on Ultrix 4.2.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards

Ian

Ian Dixon                      |  Email : idixon_at_syntaxis.infocom.co.uk |
Independent Oracle Consultant  |  Tel   : +44 (0)734 478092             |
Reading, England               |                                        |