Re: LIGHTSHIP???

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 16:17:17 GMT

In article <1993Nov22.163459.152483_at_bbsnewsgate1.ads.com> Alan_Glass__ATG_at_bbsnewsgate1.ads.com writes:
>has anyone ever heard of a software product called LightShip??
>I think it allows a user to set up a virtual database.
>
>alan
>This message was sent from FirstClass(tm) by PostalUnion(tm) originating at
>BOOZ-ALLEN & HAMILTON INC. The views expressed in this posting are those
>of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect the views of
>BOOZ-ALLEN & HAMILTON INC.

I think you are talking about Pilot LightShip. I believe it is an 'EIS' system -- a development tool for building very easy to use 'data mining' applications -- applications where someone can start off with an overview of their data and drill down as they explore to look for problems or opportunities. I don't know anything more about it, but I believe they are an Oracle Business Alliance Program (BAP) member.

Good luck!

  • Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc