Re: [Q] V7 RDBMS global variables ?

From: Francis Wang <wangf_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 23 Nov 1993 16:02:56 GMT

Ian Parkin (iparkin_at_lssec.bt.co.uk) wrote:
: Hi,

: Flicking my way through the ORA : Oracle Performance Tuning book I found a
: reference to RDBMS global variables. They are mentioned in Appendix A, in the
: section dealing with packaged procedures ( p471 paras 4 & 5 ).

: I have had a quick scan through the V7 manual set and can find no further
: information.

: Is the book refering to the use of tool ( i.e. Forms ) global variables, or are there
: indeed global variables that can be stored at database level ?

: If this is a facility of V7 could someone please point me at the correct manual, as
: this could save my application quite a bit of time.

: IAP