Re: SQL*Menu with user-exits running on DOS

From: Joe Minnich <jminnich_at_bugaboo.ssnet.com>
Date: 23 Nov 1993 01:23:35 GMT

|> I'm trying to run SQL*Menu with linked-in user-exits in a DOS environment.
|> Every now and then, the runmenu executable would give a memory exception
|> error and core dump. The interesting thing is, the same sequence of
|> keystrokes will sometimes give a core dump, but work fine during other
|> times.

We have experienced similar problems. We recently upgraded our tools and the problem seemed to have gotten better. It still happens - a little less frequently - I know not much of a consolation :) There is a known memory leak which exists with some of the DOS tools. We have had very frustrating problems with the DOS Tools stacking dumping. Oracle has been working with us to resolve the problems. I suggest you check if your DOS tool set is at latest rev level, Open a priority 1 or 2 tar.

Keep us all abreat of your progress. I will do the same.

joseph r minnich	jminnich_at_bugaboo.ssnet.com
724 millcreek lane	home: (302)322-6244

bear delaware 19701 Received on Tue Nov 23 1993 - 02:23:35 CET

Original text of this message