Unhappy (trigger) camper

From: paul berger <pberger_at_mach1.wlu.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1993 20:22:54 GMT

We have recently moved from a beta version of Oracle 7.10 to a production version 7.12 running on the OS/2 2.1 platform. Sure enough we are having problems with triggers that once worked without error in our beta environment.

Our small test triggers have been designed to trap inserts and updates before the database is modified. The triggers appear to work as they did in the past however two, (rather disconcerting), error messages are being provided by Oracle. When our inserts or deletes are trapped by the trigger, the appropriate actions and error messages are conveyed, but Oracle also passes the messages ORA-06512 and ORA-04088. Why?

The error messages in the the Oracle error guide are not helpful. We have also tried using the dbms_output.put_line routine to trouble shoot this apparent difficulty, to no avail. With the 'set severoutput on' option engaged 'put_line' doesn't put anything.

We have run the 'catproc.sql' script against the database when 'connected internally.'

I need help!....Oracle guns...are you out there? Received on Sat Nov 20 1993 - 21:22:54 CET

Original text of this message