Re: Oracle version 7.1 when?

From: RSHUNTER_at_DELPHI.COM <(RSHUNTER_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 19 Nov 1993 18:01:47 -0500

>I was just reading about Oracle 7.1 being released. I was wondering
>(being a new oracle user I do that a lot <g>) do they send you the
>new version of Oracle automagicly or do you have to pester your
>account rep?
>Thanx
>Todd F.

*--------
Hi, Todd. We're going to be one of the beta sites for Oracle 7.1 for UNIX on the NCR 3550 SMP system. If you want / need access to an Oracle product to be beta released, you must work closely with your own Oracle account rep and your local Oracle technical support organization that works with him/her . Since we meet the beta criteria in this situation, we've become part of the program for 7.1 on this platform.

For actual production releases (i.e., if 7.1 has been announced available for your platform), you can either call Oracle WWS and give them your CSI number to open a TAR and a Media / Shipping TAR for the actual tapes; if you are set up for RTSS, you can enter your own TAR for this purpose.

R (Scott) Hunter, Senior Database Administrator AT&T Tax Services, Morristown, NJ Email: shunter_at_cfotax.attmail.com Received on Sat Nov 20 1993 - 00:01:47 CET

Original text of this message