Oracle Shared Libraries under SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2

From: Perry Victor Lea <boottrax_at_miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Date: 19 Nov 1993 15:59:42 GMT

I keep hearing (and believing) how helpful shared libraries are when creating serveral programs that all use Oracle 7.0.12. Problem is, under SCO Oracle doesn't come shipped with shared libraries. I'ver heard about people re-creating the libraries manual for systems like AIX and I'm sure it's possiable for SCO Unix as well... does anyone have instructions on how to convert Oracle's .a libraries to Shared libraries? I'm sick of my executables being 1.5MB + in size!

Any other related help and suggestions to maximize the use of RAM under Oracle Pro*C would be helpful.

Thanks you in advance,
boottrax_at_miller.cs.uwm.edu Received on Fri Nov 19 1993 - 16:59:42 CET

Original text of this message