Re: SQL*Forms 3.0 and Referencing

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1993 03:43:19 GMT

smuench_at_doh.us.oracle.com (Steven P. Muench) writes:

>MIKE -- You cannot reference Forms built-in functions in the select
> list. Create two local variables, assign their value as the
> NAME_IN() of your desired fields, then reference the PL/SQL
> local variables in your select statement.

>--

>Steve Muench Email: smuench_at_oracle.com
>Forms Development CIS: 73404,676
>Product Manager
>Oracle Corporation

I don't understand how this works - but would like to know as I would find it useful. E.G. you can't mean something like ....

DECLARE
   VAR_NAME CHAR(10);
BEGIN
   VAR_NAME := 'SYSDATE';
   SELECT VAR_NAME INTO :JUNK_DATE FROM DUAL; END; ...that doesn't work. How do you reference the contents of VAR_NAME in the select statement ? (PL/SQL v1.0)

Thanks Received on Fri Nov 19 1993 - 04:43:19 CET

Original text of this message