People with real world Parallel Server Experience

From: Rob Logie <logier_at_qus102.qld.tne.oz.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 21:37:42 GMT

The company I work for has a new Oracle application with a very high availability requirment. Also, it must run on a Unix platform (Yet to be decided which one). The application must have only one consistant database. The size of the database will be around 30 to 40 Gigabytes within two years with the possibility of growth to around 400 Gigabytes (Scary !!) in the years following .

From what we have read it seems that a combination of a "High availability" cluster type arrangement of Unix box's running Oracle Parallel Server will meet the operational requirments of the application and allow the system to be maintained.

I was wondering if any people who have had real experience with this type of setup would mind relating the problems and pitfalls they have had getting it working to me.

Things like what sort of Hardware you are using, and the sorts of problems you had getting it all working. Also, any comments on the overall performance of Parallel server would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

--
Rob Logie,      Telecom Australia | The opinions expressed are mine alone and in
Telstra Corp.     ACN 051 775 556 | no-way reflect the views or policies of the