Re: Undo ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE

From: <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 07:57:31 GMT

Rob Ryan (rryan_at_panix.com) wrote:
: On Oracle7 on a Sun, we've just added a datafile to a tablespace with the
: ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE command. We discovered that we put the file
: on the wrong file system and want to move it. But it doesn't appear to
: be that easy. I assume that I could detach that tablespace, move the
: datafile to where it belongs, and then define a symbolic link, but that's
: a little cumbersome.

Thats easy (RTFM) [oracle dba guide V6.0 p. G-2] Shutdown your database
move the datafile (or redo log file) to where you want it to stay startup nomount
mount exclusive
ALTER DATABASE RENAME 'old_filename' TO 'new_filename' shutdown
startup

: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You're welcome
LM
: -- Rob

--