Re: Maintaining chores for Oracle database

From: Ron Beery <rbeery_at_wtcp.DaytonOH.NCR.COM>
Date: 18 Nov 93 13:20:42 GMT

In article <2cemgv$afv_at_olivea.ATC.Olivetti.Com> roode_at_flash.ATC.Olivetti.Com (David Roode) writes:
->
->Does anyone know if there is a good reference guide itemizing
->all of the sorts of administrator chores that are liable to
->come up in keeping an active Oracle database free of any
->glitches or inefficiencies? We do understand there is an
->administrator manual, but we are looking for practical examples,
->some sort of "nutshell" guide. For example, table fragmentation or
->index fragmentation, splitting a table that has grown too large
->to fit on a single disk, etc.
->
->Any informational tips would be appreciated.
->
->I am not a regular reader of this newsgroup, so please, send your
->answer directly to me at:
->
-> roode_at_olivetti.com
->
->Thank you very much.

Please post a follow up summarizing what you learn. I'm sure there are others who read this newsgroup who are also interested.

Thanx.

--
Ron Beery
IRM - WTC Operations, Technical Support         Telephone: (513) 445-1596