Re: Conversion to Oracle.

From: <ditommm_at_aa.wl.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 93 07:52:56 PST

In article <CGJxF4.I1C_at_empros.com>, <ecoombs_at_empros.com> writes:
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
reeve.research.aa.wl.com!envoy.wl.com!caen!math.ohio-state.edu!usc!yeshua.marca m.com!zip.eecs.umich.edu!umn.edu!uum1!fs!nntp_server!empros.com!ecoombs
> From: ecoombs_at_empros.com (Earl Coombs)
> Subject: Conversion to Oracle.
> Sender: news_at_empros.com (ems-news)
> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 21:09:04 GMT
>
> I am converting an Ingres application to Oracle. Ingres has a 'copy'
 function
> that allows copying to/from a standard (unix) file to/from the rdbms (kinda
 like
> an awk script - but not really; more powerful). Anyways, does anyone know of
> simple method to replicate this function in Oracle? Use Loader? Any other
> "easy" methods?
>
> Thanks, Earl
Loader will let you go from ASCII -> ORACLE. The only way to Unload that I know of is to spool to a file from SQL*Plus. I assume that IMP and EXP (Import/Export) utulities which create a binary file are not what you are looking for.

Matteo diTommaso
ditommm_at_aa.wl.com Received on Tue Nov 16 1993 - 16:52:56 CET

Original text of this message