calling user exit from sql form trigger

From: Mak Hon Chung Edmund <cs303900_at_csun34>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1993 13:05:13 GMT

I am new comer in Oracle. And I am using pc version oracle 6.

I would like to write an user exit in sql from. In the Trigger Definition form, I give the Trigger name POST-CHANGE. And in the Trigger Text entry, I entered the followings:

     Begin
       user_exit('testexit');
     end;

There is no compilation error. But still I can't run that user exit.

I have tried to write the following in Trigger Text entry:

       #testexit

It has compilation error.

I would appreciate if you would kindly enough to give your suggestions and opinion to me.

Thank you for your help and sorry for bothering you.

regards.

Edmund Mak

Mak Hon Chung Edmund
cs303900_at_comp.hkp.hk
Hong Kong Polytechnic Received on Sat Nov 13 1993 - 14:05:13 CET

Original text of this message