lock checking tool ?

From: Ying Wong <ywong_at_promis.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1993 04:59:39 GMT

I am a new Oracle Version 7 user. My passed RDBMS experience is Sybase 4.x.

Sybase provides a set of system programs which can be used to query the current state of the database. i.e.

  • list all the tables being lock and by who.
  • list all processes currently blocked and the reason.

                These Sybase tools work very much like UNIX commands(i.e. ps).

We used this tools to help us to debug the application RDBMS related problems.

I wonder if Oracle provides such kind of tools to be used in their sqlplus environment.

Thanks
ying

--

Have a great day!