Indicator variables in Pro*C

From: B C Zygmunt <bzy_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 15:20:20 GMT

I've got a user who's having trouble with Pro*C (version 1.5.6.2.1) running against a version 7.0.11 database. Everything works fine if his host variables are not arrays. He is attaching indicator variables to each during his FETCHes. When he changes the host variables to arrays, he gets a sporadic result of NaN placed in one of the variables. It always goes into the first variable in the list and always occur at the 0th array item.

I know that there's a PROFLAGS parameter you can set so that you don't have to use indicator variables, but I'd like to figure out what's going on here if I can.

Thanks for any information you can supply.

Beverly Zygmunt
Oak Ridge National Lab
Email: bzy_at_ornl.gov Received on Fri Nov 12 1993 - 16:20:20 CET

Original text of this message