Re: ORATERM help please !

From: <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 07:42:57 GMT

Tim Armitage (tim_at_mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk) wrote:
: I am trying to modify a resource file for Sun 4 and Sun 5 keyboards. My problem
: is that I don't know how to find out what the keyboard sends when a key is pressed
: so I am unable to enter the Physical Terminal Sequence info. I understand that
: these can be octal representations of the ASCII code or escape sequences. My
: question is how do I find out which one to use for each key - does anyone have a
: C program which will give me the info I need ?? (I am particularly interested in
: using the shift key to modify the plain key - ie Tab is next field, I want Shift+Tab
: to be previous field)

It depends what type of terminal(emulator) you are using ie console, shelltool cmdtool, xterm, other???.
In xterm you can modify the generated code by xmodmap. In shelltool you can modify the generated code by mapi (file .ttyswrc). As a starting point say "cat >/dev/null" and press the desired(s) key(s). (Cntrl-C aborts).

I also want the shift-Tab key [Previous Field] but for now I don't know how as TAB and Shift-TAB always seems to generate the same key-code.

: Thanks

You're welcome
LM

: --

: *********************************************************
: * Tim Armitage *
: * Software developer - University of Cambridge (UK) *
: * *
: * Voice - +44 223 330595 *
: * Fax - +44 223 330592 *
: * Email - tim.armitage_at_mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk *

--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office