Re: Message Handling

From: Jennifer R. Amon <bamon_at_OCVAXC.CC.OBERLIN.EDU>
Date: 10 Nov 1993 21:56:48 GMT

In article <1993Nov10.183339.10042_at_pool.info.sunyit.edu>, gsaw1_at_pool.info.sunyit.edu (Susan Wheat) writes:
>Hi,
>
>When displaying an Informational Message (using the MESSAGE construct)
>to the bottom of the screen, is it possible to avoid having to
>acknowledge it? Whenever I display back to back messages
>(i.e. Hold Please.... Processing Insert. Then, after the INSERT has
>succeeded, another message... This row has been Added), I am prompted
>with an OK Please Acknowledge Message. Thanks!
>
>Sue

Forms v4 handles this nicely.

Actually, you can also do this with Forms 3.0, but only if you are willing to create a separate pop-up block which overlays the message line, a field/block that is one line tall and 80 characters wide (or whatever). Then, you populate it with the temporary message, display it, then hide it and clear out the message field when you are done.

However, I'd jump into v4 if I were you, and not go to the trouble unless you absolutely have to.

Jennifer Amon
bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu

Jennifer R. Amon            PHONE: (216) 775-6987
Houck Computing Center        FAX: (216) 775-8573
Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH 44074        INTERNET: bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu