Wanted Info on UNIX and SQL DP Shops

From: Mike Bosko <mdb_at_pp.msu.edu>
Date: 10 Nov 1993 16:30:40 GMT

Hello Fellow Netters,

I am looking for information on how SQL and UNIX Data Processing Shops are setup. I am doing a cost study on moving DP applications from a HP3000 (using cobol/mpe) to a SQL and UNIX platform. Please help me by answering the following questions.

What other languages are being used to support your applications?

What tools are you using?

Number of custom applications?

Number of users?

What's the size of your support staff?

What hardware are you using?

Did you train your staff? If so, cost?

Please respond via E-mail to mdb_at_pp.msu.edu. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

---
Michael D. Bosko                             UNIX Systems Administrator
Physical Plant Division                Office: (517) 355-3375  Ext. 199
Business and Personnel Office                       FAX: (517) 353-5001
Michigan State University                       EMail: bosko_at_pp.msu.edu
East Lansing, MI. 48824-1215